Come chat with SFL experts and alumni about life and the topics discussed in the latest issue of SFL Family Connections. If you’re one of the 11,000 alumni of the School of Family Life, you’ve been invited to join the
BYU SFL Alumni Connect
If you’re on Facebook, but haven’t received notification of your inclusion in that group, comment below, or search for “BYU SFL Alumni Connect” and ask to be invited. Then, plan on joining us on:
Tuesday, December 15th 7 – 8 p.m. MST
We’ll be discussing marriage and its changing blueprints, in the context of the content of this magazine, with SFL and FHSS expert Alan Hawkins and others, and would love to hear your thoughts!
It’s a great chance to #AskAnFhssExpert any questions you might have, and get relevant answers in real-time.
The discussion will be moderated, and we ask that all participants apply civil dialogue principles.
Anyone who joins the discussion will be entered to win a $50 VISA gift card, usable anywhere.
How to Join the Chat:
- Get on Facebook some time before December 10th at 7 p.m. MST. (9 p.m. EST, 8 p.m. EST, 6 p.m. PST). Make sure you have an account.
- On the left-hand side of the page, below the Facebook icon, your account name, and “Edit Profile,” you should see eight groups (Favorites, Suggested, Pages, Groups, Apps, Friends, Interests, and Events). Click on Groups. Under Groups You’re In, you should see “BYU SFL Alumni Connect.” If not, click in the Search Facebook box at the top for “BYU SFL Alumni Connect closed group.”
- When that group page appears, click on “Join.”
- Just before 7 p.m. MST on December 10th, we’ll start welcoming everyone. All posts will include the hashtag #AskAnFHSSExpert.
- You’re welcome to jump in and respond and say hello, or just follow the conversation on the group page. If you post, include the hashtag #AskAnFHSSExpert.
- A $50 VISA gift card will be awarded to one randomly-chosen participant near the end of the hour.
Having problems joining? Comment below, and we’ll connect you!
8 thoughts on “SFL Facebook Party How-To’s”
Please add me to this group
Peggy, we’ll get you added. What year did you graduate?
I realize the aforementioned Facebook party has passed, but I would still like to join the SFL alumni Facebook group. I have tried to locate and join this on Facebook with no success. Will you please add me to this group? Thank you.
Sarah, We’ll get you added. What year did you graduate?
I would like to be added to the group please. I graduated in April 1999. Thank you.
Taryn, we’ll get you added. Please comment again if you don’t get an invitation from the group on FB this week.
Please Add me to the group. I graduated April 1995.
Will do! I’ll forward your name and email to the administrator for the Facebook SFL Alumni Connection group.