Spring is always fun. There’s warmer weather, Easter, the end of the semester, and…graduation! For the past four+ years, we worked, stressed, and cried over school. Now, it’s the time to celebrate! But before you throw your cap in the air and say good-bye to Provo, here are some important dates and deadlines for graduation.
Students completing independent study courses need to have all of their work, including the final exam, submitted by April 4th.
Caps and Gowns
- Online orders end April 6
- Order directly at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_byu
- More information is available at capsandgowns.byu.edu
- April 26, 4-5:30 p.m. at the Marriott Center
- Elder Holland is speaking
- A schedule can be found at https://registrar.byu.edu/commencement
- April 27
- We will send out an email to students with more instructions, but here are a few important things to note:
- We are asking graduates to meet at the Marriott Center at 4 p.m.
- The Convocation ceremony begins at 5 p.m.
Karen Ashton will be giving the Convocation address. Karen and her husband Alan are philanthropists who have donated much to the LDS church. Together, they also founded Thanksgiving Point as a way to show their gratitude to the community. From 2013-2016, Karen served as the Matron of the Provo, UT Temple.
Congrats on graduating, Cougars!